#News(IoTStack) [ via IoTForIndiaGroup ]
The IoT can only succeed on a large scale if costs are low enough, so Things Industries decided to design, and has now unveiled a low cost indoor multi-channel LoRaWAN gateway. Meet The Things Indoor Gateway.
The gateway will be available in US and EU starting from early February for $69, with Asia & Oceania (Japan, India, SE Asia, and Australia) coming later in 2019. The company also introduced The Things Industrial Gateway, an industrial 3G/4G gateway with GPS that will sells for $399 through RS Components. Both gateways are made by Gemtek.
The Things Indoor Gateway works with a SLA-backed network out of the box, but owners may connect the device to any network through a new open source gateway protocol created by Semtech.
The Things Indoor Gateway specifications:
• SoC – Espressif System ESP8266 WiSoC
• Wireless Connectivity
• 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 4 via ESP8266 + PCB antenna
• LoRaWAN via Semtech 1308 chipset with
• Support for 868 MHz (EU) and 915 MHz (US) bands. AS bands coming later in 2019
• 8-channel support
• Integrated antenna
• Misc – Setup & Reset buttons
• Power Supply
• Built-in 110-220VAC 50-60Hz power supply with 2-prong plug (EU or US)
• USB type-C port (900 mA)
• Dimensions – 80 x 80 x 40 mm
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.